Sunday, September 28, 2014

Just some updates...and good news!

Well it has been an interesting week. There have been some new friends made, some new foods tried, and some good news! 
Mckenzee and her new friend watching a movie and enjoying some popcorn!
Let's start with the new friends. Where we live now our closest neighbor is on the other side of the wall, and a mere 10 feet across the hall from us! We have gotten to know these neighbors, a family with one teenage daughter and one 9 year old daughter. I seem to have quite a bit in common with the mother and I get along with the teenage daughter as well. The younger girl has made fast friends with Mckenzee to the point of spending a good part of the day with her yesterday, having a sleepover with her last night here at our house, and spending half the day with her today as well.  It was Mckenzee's first sleepover ever and according to her friend's mother she never gets to go to sleepovers so it was a treat for her as well. I even made them pancakes and sausage for breakfast! 
I think it was a great success for her! 

Whole Grain Apple Muffins
Now on to the new foods. This week I made some whole grain apple muffins that were a great success! The kids LOVED them and so did I.  I haven't really made much more this week just because of time and supplies but I have found many ways to do make-ahead meals that we are going to be trying soon to make dinner time a little easier for both me and DJ when he works late. I have found such recipes as "Lasagna Cupcakes" and "Mini Calzones" that can be prepared ahead of time, frozen and then pulled out to be made on the nights we need them. Which I think is especially perfect on Girl Scout nights and the days I work until 5 pm, so I don't have to come home and try to put together a whole yummy meal, I'll already have a meal ready to go so DJ can throw it in if he is home, or the baby sitter or even myself if need be. 
Some of her homework, mostly spelling!

Her 1st spelling test! 
Here is the good news of the week! First Mckenzee got her first spelling test back and she received a 100% on it getting EVERY word right! We are very proud she is an excellent student and just like her older brother, an excellent speller! She loves school and learning and even loves doing her homework! I think it is AWESOME! 

Our Welcome to Hunter! 
The next bit of good news came from 3000 miles away. turns out my mom is up to a DOZEN grandchildren as Baby Hunter, my brother's newest addition with his fiance Kelly entered the world on 9-23-14 around 11 am. I am not sure of the exact time but I know he came a little early and was a very little baby weighing in at only 4lbs. 6oz! Smaller than my princess was at birth! (She weighed in at 6lbs 3oz) He is the cutest little bundle ever and makes me miss my little ones being that small. We made a sign and took a picture to send them to say hi to little Hunter him and welcome him to the world! 
I would love to tell you about some more but I just looked at the time and realized that I have to be up early to get my little girl off to school and to make some calls to the doctors about some things so I will have to write some more tomorrow! 
Thank you for following along with us! #MakingItWork

#MamaLife 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's My Body, Isn't It?

  Amidst the current political shitstorm regarding reproductive rights for anyone with a uterus in the US. It appalls me to see how my own c...