Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Just a Family Update

Comfy Movie Watching with Mama
We are about half way through the month and there have been no HUGE events but just some fun. I have spent some fun time with the kids. We've watched some good movies that Mckenzee LOVED! First we watched Matilda, Mckenzee loved the part where Matilda makes things fly around her house and the music play. She thinks the scene at the school where they get back at the Trunchbull is the best part too.
Hocus Pocus
Now since it is October and Halloween movies are all over the television, we also sat down after dinner one night and watched Hocus Pocus! Mckenzee loved that movie too! She gets so invested in them sometimes that if you watch her face then you know if the movie is happy or sad. When Binx gets run over the first time she reacts almost the same as the little girl in the movie. She covers her mouth and looks so distraught! It made me laugh when she did it but being her first time watching it and understanding it I was kinda proud of her as well! I think it is possible that we will watch Twitches once it records followed by Twitches 2. Tonight's movie might be The Nightmare Before Christmas, it is one of my favorites and the kids like it too so I am excited to watch it. I am hoping to get some Mini Pumpkin Pies made tonight (thank you www.bettycrocker.com) and we will enjoy them during movie time after dinner (which is Tuna Helper) tonight.
On Saturday I tried sushi for the first time. IT WAS AWESOME!! I had a California Roll which was much better than I expected. I think I just may occasionally get some from the sushi bar at work. When I had my cart set up next to it on Saturday it was fascinating to watch them make it and I was amazed by how many CHILDREN like sushi around here! Back in CT you would be lucky if ANYONE ate sushi. Out here in WA it seems MOST people like some kind of sushi. The hot foods near where I set up in the store also has THE BEST vegetable egg rolls I have ever had!
On Sunday we had game day here at home. Once I got out of work we got into game mode and made some yummy nachos, put on some game gear, and settled in to watch the Seahawks versus the Cowboys. My nachos were SUPER yummy and Mckenzee looked so cute wearing Andy's Seahawks Jersey that he got for Christmas last year! She had her friend Maddie over to play with as well and went from playing with her friend and Spencer and then watching the game. Maddie is a big Seahawks fan and Mckenzee is like her daddy all about the Cowboys so it was funny watching them go back and forth during the game! I love that Mckenzee has made such good friends with Maddie. Especially since she only lives right across the hall. We ended the night letting her sleepover and playing a game of Heads Up with them (fun game!!!) After the kids went to bed DJ and I watched The Replacements (because it was Football Sunday) and then we watched the Season 5 Premiere of THE WALKING DEAD!!! It was so so good and I cannot wait for the next episode!

So that is pretty much all we have been up to, like I said nothing special just some family fun!

#MamaLife

2 comments:

  1. Nice read and pics! That's A LOT that you've been up to! Happy Halloween (belated!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I read this again and have to tell you that I'm a HUGE sushi lover! Calif. roll is like beginners into the world of sushi. Congrats for tasting it and it's great that you love it! Now my husband and I make it. On my regular blog, http://conversationswithcarolyn.blogspot.com/ Conversations with Carolyn ... I'll be sure to show pics and the recipe the next time we do it!

    ReplyDelete

It's My Body, Isn't It?

  Amidst the current political shitstorm regarding reproductive rights for anyone with a uterus in the US. It appalls me to see how my own c...