Sunday, September 7, 2014

Fit for a Prince and Princess

Today I wanted to be able to see some kind of progress in this house as far as getting it ready for our up-coming inspection, so I starting getting things as organized as possible. I started in the kid's room. It was a total mess, toys on the floor, beds unmade, dirty clothes everywhere and nothing hanging in the closet like it should have been.  

It took Mckenzee and me about an hour and a half and some AWESOME Disney tunes to get it all done and looking really good! 
Sleepy is taking a nap in her reading chair! 


No more overflowing top bunk! 

Even Spencer's bed got made perfect for the Prince!

All filled with her dresses! 

We gave Spencer a snack so we could finish cleaning the clothes up and make the beds. Once it was all done we did a quick vacuum and then Mckenzee decided she wanted to go outside and play with her friends! Since she had done such a great job helping me make her room look good I think she deserved  to have some fun (besides Spencer needed a nap!)

I was also able to get the front hall closet, the living room and some of the kitchen done as well. I still have a lot of work left to do in the house since I have to finish the kitchen, the deck, the bathroom and our room. I have until the 17th to get it all done and I am hoping to be done way before that so I can just do touch-ups on the 16th and have it all ready for inspection. I think I am off to a good start! 

I also made an awesome roast chicken, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob dinner as well! Spencer especially loved eating the corn on the cob, he ate a whole ear himself! 

Oh and the biggest achievement of the mealtime....Spencer ate his mashed potatoes this time, which is funny because for the first time I made them with a little sour cream in them. (I am thinking I am going to try to do that every time I make them so he will eat them.)

Now the kids are all tucked in, I have my to do lists all queued up on www.cozi.com (my favorite family organizer site/app), and I am enjoying a movie and some ice water before bed. Tomorrow starts another school week, a trip to the store for some milk, and some more cleaning up to get things awesome! I am looking forward to bed and some rest before the morning! 

Goodnight you awesome readers! 

#AccomplishedMama #CleaningMachine :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's My Body, Isn't It?

  Amidst the current political shitstorm regarding reproductive rights for anyone with a uterus in the US. It appalls me to see how my own c...