Saturday, September 6, 2014

New Recipes, New School, New Outlook!


New School: Yes Miss Mckenzee started her first day on September 3rd 2014. (above picture is last year's and this year's first day pictures). She was very nervous about starting in a new school but she seems to adapted really well. She has run into the kids she plays with here in our neighborhood there and of course she LOVES school so she is able to just be her smart little self and fit right in perfectly! Oh and here is the best part of the new school. Since it is within a mile of her home she has to be a walker. So every (good weather) day we will be walking to and from the school. That mean the 0.73 miles to will be walked a total of 4 times by me in one day, most of the time I will also be pushing a 28.5 lb boy in a stroller as well! I did the math and that means in one week of walking her there and home (weather permitting) I will have walked 14.6 miles! Healthier me here I come! ....OOOH and I meant to mention I got the Mom of the day award because I had warm BLUEBERRY MUFFINS waiting for her for when she got home from her first day! 

On another not today has NOT been my day! Though I woke with every intention of having my get up and go, shortly after I arose.....IT WAS GONE! I started my day with a change of the baby boy, breakfast for the little ones, then dishes, where I dropped several, soaked my shirt significantly enough to warrant a wardrobe change and slipped twice on the floor. Then on to make my breakfast where I promptly burned my toast, followed by my wonderful son standing in front of me saying "bite, bite bite" over and over.....and over again. Ahhh then on to making the grocery list for our trip to the store. Fairly uneventful there and went rather smoothly. So at the store, daughter has several small whiny break downs which tend to grate on my easily aggravated nerves, son has a breakdown because he is over tired and hungry by the end of the trip therefore I am giving him grapes out of our shopping bags to keep him happy! Honestly as the day went on it was one little thing after another, dropping this here, tripping over that there, spilling this, forgetting that.....and so on and so on. Pretty soon time for bed and hopefully tomorrow will go a little better...I am optimistic that my new healthy outlook will show some results eventually. I am also going to start taking the time to do a little beginner's yoga to help with my stress so that maybe just maybe I can be a little more calm. We shall see...

Recently I cooked something new, not too different but new to us either way. I made Sweet & Sour Chicken stir fry. It was pretty yummy! Mckenzee LOVED the chicken but was not very fond of the veggies (she is picky about her vegetables) but she likes rice so she ate a lot of the chicken and rice and some of the vegetables that she did like. All in all I think it was pretty good and I would try it again maybe with the vegetable mix I know Mckenzee will eat! 

Here are some pictures of what I used to make it, it was very easy and very quick! Now I just have to try that recipe for the cream cheese rangoons that we have been wanting to have and we will be having our own little Chinese dinner without spending an arm and leg! 



 Total price for this meal ended up being about $10 and I had enough to feed, Spencer, Mckenzee and myself as well as have enough for me to freeze for two more mini meals that I figured I could use for lunches since Mckenzee will be in school or on a night when I am making leftovers to use them up! 

NO matter what it was nice to try something new and it looked really nice when it was finally done! This month when we went shopping I decided to get the things for some new recipes I found on www.BettyCrocker.com  including Mini Chicken Pot Pies, Muffin Tin Meatloaf, and Apple Dumplings! We also got a lot of different produce I am hoping to find some uses for. Sometimes I wish we had just a little bit more money so I could buy lots of fruits and vegetable to eat. Spence LOVES grapes, strawberries, blueberries, bananas, green beans and peas! Mckenzee loves melons, bananas, cauliflower, carrots, celery and oranges! I love almost any fruits or vegetables as long as they are not canned. (I have nothing against canned but some vegetables should just NOT be canned.) 

So that is a bit of an update for now, tomorrow I am thinking I will give you all a growth update of my little beans and letting you know how they are sprouting! (Spencer had his appointment this week and he is growing fast and excellently) 

Ta ta for now faithful readers! 

#MamaMoments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's My Body, Isn't It?

  Amidst the current political shitstorm regarding reproductive rights for anyone with a uterus in the US. It appalls me to see how my own c...