Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Simple Butter Drop Biscuits


****I don't know about you, but I myself absolutely love buttery crumbly biscuits with my sausage pepper gravy and this recipe is the best for it.***

You will need: 

  • 1/2 cup butter (I like to use cold and shred it in with cheese grater) 
  • 2 cups AP Flour
  • 1 tbs baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3/4cup + 2 tbs milk (can use any kind, I've even used Almond milk) 
  • 1 egg (beaten)

Steps to yumminess:

  • Preheat oven to 450*F
  • Grease cast iron, small baking sheet with parchment or round cake pan. (if using for biscuits with sausage gravy I recommend bacon grease it is awesome!) 
  • Combine dry ingredients, shred or cut in butter until looks like a coarse meal, if you work fast you can do it with a fork first and then fully incorporate with your fingers (please wash and dry first rinse in cold to cool hands) 
  • SLOWLY add milk while stirring. 
  • Form into a round (lumps lol) and put close together in the pan, I like to make a kind of flower shape for it. ((See picture above))
Brush tops with beaten egg and bake for 12 minutes or until browned and baked through. 

**Tip* You may want to keep milk handy to moisten dough a little more if it seems dry, this will help them crumble a little less if you want to use them to have sandwiches or if you enjoy them like I do with a little honey or fresh fruit jam* 


This is also a great recipe to let kids make, just measure out the ingredients if they are under 7 and let them mix as the recipe states. If older than 7 supervise them measuring themselves to give them the practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's My Body, Isn't It?

  Amidst the current political shitstorm regarding reproductive rights for anyone with a uterus in the US. It appalls me to see how my own c...