Thursday, January 9, 2014

Something New


I have found some new ideas to organize and get my life on a track I am happy to be on.  I am going to make things flow more smoothly, I am doing my best to try and be more calm, more relaxed, and more positive.  I recently joined the "Yell-Free Year Challenge" and for me it is about doing my best to realize my triggers, to do my best to yell as little as possible, if at all.  It doesn't change overnight, I grew up in a home where yelling was the go-to, as was spanking, hitting and other things that I would rather forget. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't all bad.  Once my father left for good things were much better, yelling was really the only thing that never went away.  In my years as an adult I have carried on with the yelling and occasionally when someone would get violent with me I was able to stand my ground (for the most part there). The downside to this all is that I have created in myself a quick anger reflex, I am easily annoyed to the point of breaking and striking out either verbally or physically.  I am not physical with my children and I have pretty much stopped that more over the years but the verbal is still quick out my mouth and sometimes even as much as I wish it wouldn't it hurts others (sometimes my children by yelling) and I can't stop it! 

That is why I am going to work hard to become a more positive person and a more organized person. It is going to be a hard journey but I am determined to make it all work for my family as best I can!!!! 

Now I must take some me time and get lost in my book for a little bit before bed....I have recently started one that makes me lose track of time. :) 

So because I was inspired by my cousin and her wonderful blog: 

 http://peacelovelaundryandfood.blogspot.com/ (these helped me make my choices as well as the FACEBOOK "Yell-Free Year Challenge)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's My Body, Isn't It?

  Amidst the current political shitstorm regarding reproductive rights for anyone with a uterus in the US. It appalls me to see how my own c...