Monday, July 8, 2013

Starting Anew


I have decided that a new place in a new state is the chance to start anew! Having recently moved from Connecticut to Washington I am adjusting to things in a positive and adventurous way! I am engaged to a wonderful man and together we have two children. I have a son named Andrew from a previous relationship who I have currently with me in Washington but who (because of a sucky legal system) must return to Connecticut to his father in about 2 weeks. I know I am going to miss him like crazy since I have NEVER spent more than a week away from him since he was born almost 9 years ago!

I also have a daughter named Mckenzee who is almost 6 and another son named Spencer who just became 3 months old. We moved to Washington to be with the father of my two children (the 6 year and 3 month old).  He moved here to try to find work since in CT thing were not working out on the search! When he found a job he started saving money and started making a home for us out here. So in June I took my children, packed up our things and we flew out so we could all be together.

Now as it has only been two weeks since we have made the move we have seemed to fit in quite well and have kinda gotten into a good flow of things. We make time for family meals, we make sure we say "I love you" as often as possible, and playtime is a MUST! I am sure we will have to readjust once the summer ends but for now this totally works for us. My fiance has been working hard and keeps making more and more hours during the week which on occasion is disappointing if we have made plans and he gets called in but again we "MAKE IT WORK", and he makes sure that on certain days off he is not called in so we can spend quality time as a family.

I hope to update regularly and to inspire you to "MAKE IT WORK, TOGETHER" yourselves!

Be safe, be calm, be together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's My Body, Isn't It?

  Amidst the current political shitstorm regarding reproductive rights for anyone with a uterus in the US. It appalls me to see how my own c...