Monday, March 30, 2015

Feeling Poetic

For many years I have written poems all at different times. When I was sad, I wrote. Happy, I wrote. Loved, I wrote. Now I would like to share some different poems I have written to see what you all think!

My Smudged Smile


 I wear a smudged smile,
Chapped by the winds of constant change,
A forced smile,
That attempts to hide the hurt,
My lips burn,
Longing for a balm,
A soft caress of another's lips,
I smile and my lips bleed,
Stinging with the tears of my mistakes,
My fingers touch them,
Blotting the blood of the past away,
Now they will heal,
Soon that soothing kiss will touch my scarred lips,
A true smile will appear then,
Full,
Coral and flushed,
Hot to touch,
But for now,
I smile...
My smudged smile...

Still Waters

A crystal lake,
Reflecting the perfect spring day,
The breeze blown trees,
The sun warmed stones.
The emerald grass,
A calming sound,
The movement of the breeze.
It hums through the pussy willows,
She stands and listens,
Eyes closed,
Face upturned,
Sun darkening the freckles that color her hear flawless skin,
He watches her,
He wishes he was touching her face,
Running his fingers through her hair,
Feeling her softness,
Breathing in the scent of her,
The warmth of her kiss,
He watches her reflection and wish she was there, by his side,
Instead of in the still waters of his memory.

Now this next poem was NOT written by me, in fact I have no idea who did write it but once you read it you will know why I shared it with you! 

Mood Lifter

Whatever our hands touch -
We leave fingerprints!
On walls, on furniture
On doorknobs, dishes, books.
There's no escape.
As we touch we leave our identity.
Wherever I go today
Help me leave heartprints!
Heartprints of compassion
Of understanding and love.

Heartprints of kindness
And genuine concern.
May my heart touch a lonely neighbor
Or a runaway daughter
Or an anxious mother
Or perhaps an aged grandfather.

Send me out today
To leave heartprints.
And if someone should say,
"I felt your touch,"
May they also sense the love
that is deep within my heart.

-Unknown Author

I read this poem when I am in a bad mood, when I feel out of sorts, when I am having trouble feeling like my world isn't crashing down around me....I hope it helps someone else too!

I hope you all enjoy today's writings and continue to keep reading on as I share more with you another day! 

#MamasPoems #MoodLifter 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's My Body, Isn't It?

  Amidst the current political shitstorm regarding reproductive rights for anyone with a uterus in the US. It appalls me to see how my own c...